Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Power of a Single Mirror

I've mentioned before that I live in a little cave. I have a gorgeous expanse of south facing windows but with the thick trees outside and architectural overhang between the sun room & main room, not much natural light hits the reaches of the room. Even on sunny days, I need a lamp on when I read.

I've tried to use mirrors to maximize the light that does come in, with small effect.  Here's my latest attempt.

This mirror, originally framed in a hideous brown-gray (I really need to start taking before photos), was discovered at a thrift shop for $20.  A couple of coats of paint later et voilĂ .  It fits so well with the permanent molding of the unit and really lightens up that darkest corner of the room. Hurray!






















Here's the before: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment